Thursday, February 18, 2016

White Privilege--Hillary Clinton


This week we talked all about privilege. Although it has always been there, I think more recently it has become a topic of discussion. For instance, although having experienced many of the privileges (yeah, I’m half Spanish and still feel white privilege), I had never heard the term “white privilege” until after the Black Lives Matter movement was in full effect.

            I think many of us have experienced key moments of realization of our privilege. In the video linked below, Secretary Clinton is asked about white privilege. She goes into detail about when she first remembers realizing her privilege. I think we can all realize that it hasn’t been easy for her as a female politician, but it’s refreshing to hear such a powerful woman talk about this subject.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing this link! The Drake student asks a very smart, pointed question, and I love that she gets so much applause for it. Clinton's "aha" moment is an interesting complement to the McIntosh text.

    ReplyDelete