Thursday, February 11, 2016

How I knew I was transgender



So glad this week in class we had many conversations about intersexuality and oppression. I came across a really intriguing YouTube video that reminded me of the article we read in PLS by Weil "What if it's sort of a boy and sort of a girl." This YouTube explained how "she"(before translation) came into telling her friends/family how she wanted to transition into a guy. One interesting thing that he mentions is how he never "knew" at a young age that he was always meant to be a guy, it just happened. I also love how Ryan feels like he's reached a point in his life where he doesn't care about the hate/blacklash he receives from media and society about identifying as a male. It's devastating knowing that transgender oppression is a "common" thing that I personally believe hasn't been fully addressed/acknowledged.



 https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DoTp0m7ZKLU

No comments:

Post a Comment